I have been fortunate to have spent the last 25+ years in the entertainment industry. Spending most of my time working on urban music projects, traditional and digital marketing, producer and artist personal management, A&R consulting, and project management. I represented management clients on projects with Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Usher, Mos-Def, Lil Tecca, Kanye West, Carl Thomas, Ja-Rule, Lil Wayne, DJ Premier, Fat Joe, DITC, Dipset, G-Unit, Murder Inc., Bad-Boy, and many others. I also worked on Grammy award winning and nominated projects, Emmy award nominated projects and received numerous RIAA certified Diamond, Platinum and Gold recordings, and represented clients and worked on projects for television networks such as HBO, Comedy Central, Showtime, VH-1 and worked on shows like Def Poetry Jam, the Dave Chappelle Show and the Ali G Show.
With over 35 years of experience in the Cannabis industry, from cultivation, manufacturing, marketing and brand differentiation, wholesale and retail sales practices, as well as business formation and recreational licensing, I supervise all of PSCB’s cannabis consultation and legal representation practice. Outside of Entertainment and Cannabis, I manage the New York offices of the Firm and supervise the representation of clients in family court custody and matrimonial matters, real estate matters including bankruptcy and foreclosure defense, immigration matters and cannabis business matters.
I have also worked extensively with non-profit organizations and have a passion for teaching and community based work. I currently teach basic and advanced civil litigation procedure as well as business law and graduate courses in business ethics. I have also had the pleasure of volunteering with a number of organizations including the Special Olympics of New Jersey and I spend considerable time guest lecturing and speaking on topics such as race and racism in America, Re-entry issues, criminal justice reform and music publishing and music business basics.
My first book, White black or other: the Struggles and Triumphs Growing up Bi-Racial in America, was published in October of 2017 and has found domestic and international success with copies being sold in over 60 countries world wide. I also speak at schools, colleges and at book stores across the country, sharing motivational life experiences related to the topics explored in my book. Book is available on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, iTunes, and most digital and physical book retailers.
Core Practice Areas:
- Cannabis Law
- Civil Litigation (NY and Federal)
- Family Law
- Business Formation
- Probate and Surrogate Court Litigation
Free Consultations available for:
- Entertainment, Cannabis, Civil Litigation & Family law
- JD – Rutgers Law School
- MBA – New Jersey Institute of Technology
- BS – State University of New York at Brockport
Career Outside of Law:
- Entertainment Industry & Record Label Executive
- Artist/Producer Manager (Recording Industry)
- Non-profit sector (program and grant administrator)
- College Professor (law, business, ethics)
- 35+ years Cannabis industry experience
- Special Olympics (New Jersey)
- Street Law Educator – Essex County Juvenile Detention Center
Bar Admission & Licenses
- Admitted to the New York State Bar
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- Federal Immigration Court: Executive Office of Immigration Review
- Licensed New York Real Estate Broker