We provide a full line of Landlord Lawyer services and Tenant Attorney services in Jersey City, NJ.
We work for both landlords and tenants. We understand complex issues like how bankruptcy and eviction can work together. If you are solely relying on what the sheriff told you or a clerk at the courthouse, realize that they are not experts. They know the process that they need to follow, they do not understand how New Jersey and Federal law relate to the process.
Before we can give you any legal advice we will have to do a conflict check to make sure we would not compromise any one of our previous clients by offering legal advice to you. Before we can give any advice, we need to know your name, address along with the name and address of the person that you are having issues with. We can only represent one side of an issue and that includes providing consultations.
We offer a wide range of Realty services related to the law. It is common for us to settle disputes between landlords and tenants prior to court or at the first meeting prior to going to see a judge.
We comprehend all aspects of property law in New Jersey from security deposits to foreclosure defense and tenant’s rights in foreclosure along with the land lord’s rights. For instance, we can work with either side of the issue when a landlord wants to evict tenants so they can occupy the property for their personal use. We continue to build a solid standing in the local community by providing professional real estate legal services including foreclosure defense that fulfills our clients’ expectations and commercial and residential closings on properties.
We provide free consultations for probate issues, foreclosure defense, bankruptcy, and real estate purchases. We charge a flat fee of $750 for consultation plus one appearance at court for tenant eviction matters. Additional appearances are $450 each.
If you are a landlord, we charge $756 for eviction for non-payment of rent. Additional appearances are $450. For eviction for any other reason than non-payment, we require a $1500 retainer. Minimum costs will be $1056, however if we are required to do extensive legal work we will be required to bill hourly.
As a Tenant Attorney in Jersey City, NJ or anywhere in Hudson County for that matter we represent renters for issues related to:
• Nonpayment of rent
• Landlord Harassment and Retaliation
• Lease breaches
• Residential leases
• Eviction of tenants
• Defending claims of prohibited usage of property
• Defending claims of unauthorized tenants
• Dealing with breaches of a lease by a tenant
• Defending claims of Property Damage
• Obtaining orders for landlords to make repairs
• Security deposit problems
• Lack of heat or utility issues
• Discrimination based on sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, and sex.
As a Landlord Attorney in Jersey City, NJ or anywhere in Hudson County for Landlords we:
• Evict for violations of a lease or nonpayment of rent
• Evict tenants while they are in Bankruptcy if they are not doing what is required
• Deal with enforcement of damage or unauthorized Pets caused by pets
• Defend you from claims of Harassment or Retaliation
• Create Residential Leases
• Eliminate illegal utilization of your property through eviction or dialogue
• Remove unauthorized renters through eviction or dialogue such as increasing rent
• Coping with breaches of a lease by a tenant
• Applying claims of Property Damage
• Defending claims of discrimination predicated on age, race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation.
In the event you’re a landlord, and also you are required to have someone evicted, we charge $756 per eviction case -$556 for multiple evictions. We offer $200 off for multiple evictions filed at the same time in the same county (different cities in the same county qualify for the discount.). We’ll refund $200 if the individual leaves prior to the scheduled court appearance. You need to inform us of this prior to the day of court. Just as we know how to defend matters related to tenant issues, we also know the way to ensure the proper way to evict renters.
We understand what it takes to achieve success both defending and prosecuting evictions in New Jersey.
Talk to an New Jersey Landlord-Tenant Attorney to handle any issue in Hudson County New Jersey. We will review your situation. We charge $300 for a landlord-tenant consultation but will apply it to the full cost of defending or prosecuting an eviction if you retain us. Most Landlord-Tenant issues can be answered in a 60-minute consultation. If you need to hire us, we will apply the $300 to the entire fee.
We can help you immediately.