See if you can Stop your NJ Foreclosure using NJ’s Hardest Hit Fund
If you are trying to save your home from foreclosure in New Jersey, you need to see if you qualify for the NJ’s Hardest Hit Fund. It costs nothing for you to apply. Fill out an application at http://www.njhousing.gov/foreclosure/
The fund offers up to $50,000 in assistance to save your home. After HAMP and HARP went away, the New Jersey Hardest hit Fund (NJHHF) was funded by a federal grant from the US Treasury’s Hardest Hit Fund.
There are two programs that you may qualify for:
- New Jersey HomeSaver
- New Jersey Homekeeper
The Home Saver program helps with loan modification for the applicant. This program offers up to $50,000 in assistance.
The Homekeeper program is used for catching up on late payments. This program offers up to $48,000 in assistance.
How to qualify for assistance:
Both Programs require:
- That you are a New Jersey Homeowner at Risk of foreclosures through no fault of your own.
- Your situation is No fault of your own. This means something like:
- Losing your job but it was not your fault
- A reduction in the household income due to underemployment or other financial hardships including medical, divorce, disability or if some passed away that was contributing to paying the mortgage.
- You own your home and live in it.
- Your home is a 1, 2, or 3 family home at the most.
If these factors apply to you, visit the hardesthinnj.org to fill out a simple online application.
If you have any questions, please contact the Law Offices of Patel and Soltis to speak with a New Jersey Foreclosure Attorney and we can help walk you through the process or answer any other questions you may have about foreclosures. Call us at 973-200-1111 or email us at info at staging-focusedlaw.kinsta.cloud.