New Jersey Immigration Lawyer that will fight for you

Contact Us

Do you need to hire a New Jersey Immigration Lawyer?

If you are on this page, you most likely need an attorney. We handle immigration matters related to immigration in New Jersey and in New York.

Do you need help with filing a visa or changing your status? Do you know of a child that need to apply for Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJ) status?

What can a qualified and experienced NJ Immigration Lawyer do for you?

Once hired, as your attorney, we can prepare and file applications/petitions for you. Having someone knowledgeable and experienced prepare your papers can help to avoid potential problems and delays. An experienced immigration lawyer should be fully familiar with government procedures and can help you to avoid common pitfalls. We can help you translate your story into the legal papers demanded by the immigration system.

Represent you before the USCIS (formerly “INS”) or in Immigration Court:
Deportation is also known as removal, which is the process of expelling a foreign national from the United States. Our firm provides extensive deportation defense to our clients from consultation to removal proceedings. We will seek a postponement of a client’s deportation by seeking a stay of deportation or stay of removal.

Our responsibility is to explore all options regarding your removal proceeding. This is done by a deep analyze of the specific facts of your specific case. This allows us to explore, suggest, and execute options for you and your family.

If you are not a US citizen and are facing deportation, you’ll probably want to postpone deportation while you attempt to get permission to remain in the country legally. Depending on which immigration authority is handling your case and where you are in the legal process, you may be able to postpone deportation.

Because it can be tough to fight your case when you’re no longer living in the United States–and because deportation can cause tremendous stress to you and your family–you should ask to have your deportation postponed so you can consult with a Deportation Lawyer and pursue all legal avenues. This postponement is called a stay of deportation or stay of removal. A stay is a temporary suspension of an action. When we talk about a stay of deportation or a stay of removal, it means that the judge or court has postponed a scheduled deportation.

Applying for US Citizenship in New Jersey

Becoming a Citizen of the United States is a tremendous and proud moment in an American’s life. Citizenship itself offers many benefits. Generally, there are two ways in which a person may become a citizen. First is by birth in the United States or one of its territories. The other is through a process called naturalization. This is when a foreign national seeks and acquires citizenship. Our firm offers a step by step process for clients starting from their initial consultation to their citizenship interview at USCIS.

There are basically three steps in the process to become a citizen by naturalization
On behalf of the applicant, our firm prepares and files the “Application for Naturalization” with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

USCIS notifies the applicant to appear for an interview. At the interview, the applicant will be tested on basic knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government. The applicant will also be evaluated on the ability to read, write and speak English.

U.S. permanent residence status holders over the age of 55 residing in the U.S. for more than 15 years are exempt from the English reading and writing examination. These individuals are eligible to take the U.S. history and government test in his or her native language.

U.S. permanent resident holders over the age of 65 residing in the U.S for the past 20 years are also exempt from the English test. These individuals are eligible to take the U.S. history and government test in his or her native language. Moreover, persons over age 65 are subject to testing on different questions (scaled down) to assess their knowledge of U.S. history and government.

Upon passing the exam, the applicant will participate in the oath ceremony by pledging allegiance to the U.S. and will receive a naturalization certificate.

Basic Information Only a citizen has the right to vote in the U.S.Citizens may travel freely to certain countries without the need for entry visas.Citizens may reside outside the country without having to worry about issues such as renewing permanent resident status or applying for re-entry permits.

Citizens may sponsor their immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, brothers and sisters) for permanent residency.

Citizens may not generally be removed or deported from the U.S. (certain exceptions do apply).Citizens are eligible for financial aid, scholarships, food stamps and SSI (Supplementary Security Income).U.S. citizens may reside overseas in another country and receive social security benefits

Eligibility for US Citizenship

In order to be eligible for citizenship, one must meet the following requirements green-card:

  • Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of filing.
  • Applicant must be a U.S. permanent resident and have continuous residence in the United States for five (5) years.
  • Spouses of U.S. citizens must only have three (3) years of continuous residence.
  • Generally, absence from the United States for a period of more than 6 months at a time breaks the continuous resident requirements.
  • Exceptions may apply to U.S. military individuals in active duty during the time of war.
  • Applicant must demonstrate basic knowledge of U.S. history and government.Applicant must be willing to take an oath of allegiance to the U.S.

Removal / Deportation Defense in New Jersey or New York

This can be a difficult time for any family. Having a friend or family member in ICE Detention can be heartbreaking, especially when facing the United States Government in the courtroom. Give us an opportunity to even the odds and assist you in defending against removal. Our team will look into any possibility for a stay and seek any relief that could be granted. Schedule your consultation today.

Citizenship – N400

The Citizenship process is one of pride. Veer P. Patel, a naturalized citizen, as personally entered through the process of becoming a citizen of the United States. From start to finish, you can count on our law office to provide you with top-tier service in obtaining your citizenship. Call us now to schedule your free consultation.

Green Card Lawyer – I485NJ Immigration Lawwyer

Under current immigration law, there are numerous paths to a green card. They include family, employment, investments, asylum, and special immigrant status. At our law offices, we will work tirelessly to make sure you understand the full nature of an individual’s eligibility, given all the relevant circumstances. You can speak to an attorney for free to discuss how we can assist you in making your green card a reality.

E Visas

It is best to use an Immigration Lawyer when applying for an E Visas also known as the Treaty Trader or Investor Visa (E-1 Visa Lawyer, E-2 Visa Lawyer, E-3 Visa Lawyer, EB-2 Visa Lawyer, EB-3 Visa Lawyer, EB-4 Visa Lawyer, EB-5 Visa Lawyer)

The United States, through Treaties of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation gave birth to the E-1 and E-2 Visas. Considering modern Bilateral Investment Treaties and Free Trade Agreements, an experienced immigration lawyer from the Law Office of Veer P. Patel will represent you in obtaining the appropriate visa. We will discuss your case for free.

Immigration Visa Lawyer – H Visas

(H-1A Visa Lawyer, H-1B Visa Lawyer, H-1B1 Visa Lawyer, H-1C Visa Lawyer, H-2A Lawyer, H-2B Visa Lawyer, & H-3 Visa Lawyer)

Do you need an immigration lawyer that handles employment-based visas? We have experience handling H visas. Whether you a company or employee, our New Jersey and New York immigration lawyers can assist you in bringing skills to the United States. Consult a lawyer for free to discuss your case.

Immigration Visa Lawyer – J Visa is also known as Exchange Visitors

This academically based visa is extremely important for many institutions of higher education. An experienced immigration lawyer can help you properly bring a professor or research scholar, student, teacher, nonacademic specialist, foreign physician, international visitor, government visitor, camp counselor or summer student to the United States. Contact Veer Patel to discuss your case for free.

L Visa

Immigration Visa Lawyer – L Visa is also known as Intracompany Transferees

If you are a U.S. Company seeking to bring a foreign employee to the United States, the L-1 Visa is a viable option. Contacting an experienced immigration lawyer can set the process in motion to move members of your team to the United States. Contact our experienced New Jersey-based firm now for a free consultation.

Immigration Visa Lawyer – O Visas for Extraordinary Abilities (O-1 Visa Lawyer and O-2 Visa Lawyer)

A person that has extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics could be eligible for this visa. The Law Office of Veer P. Patel will review the candidate’s national and international acclaim, along with other factors to determine if such an application can be submitted. Contact us now to schedule your consultation.

P Visas

Immigration Visa Lawyer – P Visas (P-1 Visa Lawyer, P-2 Visa Lawyer, P-3 Visa Lawyer and P-4 Visa Lawyer)

This set of visas focuses on athletes and performers. If you are an athlete or performer or belong to a larger group or corporation, our law firm can assist you in arranging travel plans. Contact our immigration law department to discuss how we can help you.

R Visa

Immigration Visa Lawyer – R Visa also known as Religious Worker Visas

The R Visa allows religious workers to enter the United States to conduct religious worship and other duties performed by the clergy of their demonization. Give us a call so you can discuss with an immigration lawyer if you are eligible for the R Visa.

Immigration Visa Lawyer – TN Visa

This visa provides Canadian and Mexican citizens engaged in professional activities to enter the United States, as set forth in the North American Free Trade Agreement. The regulations set forth various categories of professions as well as the minimum qualifications. Our immigration lawyers can assist you in determining if you or a colleague/peer/family member falls into one of these categories. Give us a call for a free consultation.

Immigration Visa Lawyer – Student Visas (F Visa Lawyer, M Visa Lawyer, J Visa Lawyer, and H-3 Visa Lawyer)

The “Student Visa” allows scholars from around the world to pursue their education in the United States. At our law office, we understand the value of such an opportunity and would love to assist you in obtaining this status. If you are a student applying for studies in the United States, contact us for a free consultation.

Immigration Visa Lawyer – K Visa is also known as the Fiancé Visa

Love can be a beautiful thing. Sometimes, distance gets in the way. We know the process of how to bring your fiancé into the United States through the K Visa status.  This includes compiling the required proof needed to prove your relationship. Contact an immigration lawyer today to discuss how the K Visa may work for you.

B Visa

Immigration Visa Lawyer – B Visa is also known as the Visitor Visa

Obtaining a B visa is not as easy as you think. Tens of thousands are turned away at U.S. Consulates around the world. There are certain criteria that must be met for a visitor to be allowed into the United States. Contact an immigration lawyer for a free consultation to discuss how to get your visitor into the United States.

We charge $125 for immigration consults.  Most issues can be taken care of in a 60-minute consult.  If people chose to hire us as attorneys we apply this to the fee.  If you need us to review documents you have already filled out, we charge $350 to review your documents.

Contact Us

Schedule an Appointment or Contact Us With a Message

We look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to get in touch via the form. We will get back to you shortly.  Call us at (844) 533-3367 or to contact us directly by email please use:

Speak with our team to get experienced advice

We have over 30 years of legal experience. 

We understand that nothing is more important than the emotional, financial and spiritual health of your family, through its many transitions. We are here to help you. The mission of PCB Law offices is to provide our clients with the best legal advice possible.

Freehold, NJ - For Mail and Service

Jersey City, NJ

Hackensack, NJ

Brooklyn, NY

The Bronx, NY

Rochester, NY

Give Us A Call

(844) 533-3367

Send Us A Message

Address For Service

1 Broad St #5
Freehold, NJ 07728

law firm logo

Office located in Jersey City, NJ; Freehold, NJ; Hackensack, NJ; Brooklyn, NY; Bronx, NY; Rochester, NY along with 5 affiliate offices in India.


We have agents manning phones 24 hours a day for emergencies. 

The Law Offices of Patel, Cardenas, & Bost provide probate, real estate, litigation, cannabis, entertainment, immigration, bankruptcy, foreclosure and loan modification representation to clients throughout the State of New Jersey and New York area with offices in Jersey City, Freehold, Hackensack, The Bronx, Brooklyn, and Rochester. This website is a Legal Advertisement. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute an attorney client relationship. We are attorneys, but we are not your attorneys until a retainer has been signed.

ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. Past results do not guarantee future outcome. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

This site is designed to be accessible to and usable by people with and without disabilities. Please contact us if you encounter an accessibility or usability issue on this site.

This Website is for informational purposes only, is not intended as legal advice, and does not substitute for consulting with a lawyer about specific facts and circumstances. This Website does not constitute a solicitation, and your use of this Website does not create any attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Patel, Cardenas and Bost.

Copyright©2021 by Patel, Cardenas & Bost, LLC. All rights reserved.

Call Now