N.J.S.A 17:31-8. $500 maximum

17:31-8. $500 maximum

Any guaranteed arrest bond certificate with respect to which a surety company has become surety, as herein provided, shall, when posted by the person whose signature appears thereon, be accepted in lieu of cash bail or other bond in an amount not to exceed $500.00, as a bail bond, to guarantee the appearance of such person in any court in this State, including all municipal courts in this State, at such time as may be required by such court, when the person is arrested for violation of any motor vehicle law of this State or any motor vehicle ordinance of any municipality in this State, except for the offense of driving under the influence of intoxicating liquors or of drugs or for any high misdemeanor, committed prior to the date of expiration shown on such guaranteed arrest bond certificate; provided that any such guaranteed arrest bond certificate so posted as bail bond in any court in this State shall be subject to the forfeiture and enforcement provisions with respect to bail bonds in criminal cases as otherwise provided by law or as hereafter may be provided by law, and that any such guaranteed arrest bond certificate posted as a bail bond in any municipal court of this State shall be subject to the forfeiture and enforcement provisions of the charter or ordinance of the particular municipality pertaining to bail bonds posted.

L. 1970, C.262, s.3, eff. Nov. 2, 1970. Amended by L. 1985, C.270, s.3, eff. Aug. 2, 1985.


Look up case for New Jersey Statute 17:31-8. $500 maximum

Original Text maintained by the State of New Jersey:

NJ Maintained Unanotated Statutes References to 17:31-8. $500 maximum

Previous: 17:31-7. Filing with Insurance Commissioner Next: 17:31-9. Surety discrimination ban

Disclaimer: Always check for the most up to date language of a statute. Every time a new law is enacted it has a possibility of changing the wording of a statute or override case law. These pages were created to assist in looking up and migrating between statutes easily. No accuracy is guaranteed. If you need help with researching law, contact an attorney.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.