N.J.S.A 44:10-74. Allocation of federal funding

44:10-74. Allocation of federal funding

4. a. The commissioner shall allocate among the counties the federal funding available for administrative costs from the federal block grant funds for temporary assistance for needy families provided to New Jersey under Pub.L.104-193. The administrative costs incurred by the county agency with respect to recipients with dependent children shall be reimbursed by the State at the rate of 50% of total administrative costs, up to the maximum amount allocated for that county by the commissioner within the limits of available fundS.The remaining administrative costs shall be funded by the county. The county’s share of cash assistance benefits to recipients with dependent children shall be 5% of total cash assistance benefit costs, and the remaining 95% shall be funded by the State and federal governmentS.

b. The State shall reimburse the county agency for 100% of cash assistance benefits paid to or on behalf of recipients who are single adults or couples without dependent children.

C. The commissioner shall allocate among the counties the funding available for work activities as defined in section 3 of Phamplet Law 1997, Chapter 38 (44:10-57. Definitions relative to Work First New Jersey program), and case management activities applicable to work activities, from State appropriations and federal block grant funds for temporary assistance for needy families provided to the State pursuant to Pub.L.104-193. Costs incurred by the counties for work activities and case management shall be reimbursed up to the maximum amount allocated for that county by the commissioner, and within the limits of available fundS.

L.1997,C. 37,S.4.

Case(s):

Look up case for New Jersey Statute 44:10-74. Allocation of federal funding

Original Text maintained by the State of New Jersey:

NJ Maintained Unanotated Statutes References to 44:10-74. Allocation of federal funding

Previous: 44:10-73. Implementation of Work First New Jersey program by municipal or county agency, reimbursement Next: 44:10-75 Implementation of electronic benefit distribution system.

Disclaimer: Always check for the most up to date language of a statute. Every time a new law is enacted it has a possibility of changing the wording of a statute or override case law. These pages were created to assist in looking up and migrating between statutes easily. No accuracy is guaranteed. If you need help with researching law, contact an attorney.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply